What Our Tenants Want You to Know
1) TierOne Real Estate conducts periodic walk-throughs of the home you will live in. We take pictures of the interior and exterior of the home during those walk-through’s. This information is kept on record and shared with the owner. If this standard walk through procedure is going to cause you a problem – we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of our homes.
2) Non-Disparagement / Representations. The Tenant is prohibited from making disparaging remarks, statements, or publications regarding the other to any third party, internet, web-based, cloud based, or “review” type publication or site. If any dispute arises regarding whether any remark, statement, or publication is disparaging, the parties agree that for purposes of this provision, expressly including the enforcement of this provision, that any remark, statement, or publication shall be irrefutably deemed disparaging at the sole discretion of TierOne Real Estate. If the remark and/or publication is not removed within 72 hours of requests the Tenant will be charged $300 (three-hundred dollars) per day. Tenant agrees that enforcement of this provision is appropriate through a temporary restraining order and/or injunctions and permanent injunctions, notwithstanding any rights under the First Amendment to the United States and/or Utah Constitutions or other codified statute, regulation, or code and will survive termination of the lease.
3) During the last 30 days of your lease agreement – a sign and lockbox may be placed on the home and you will be required to show the home to prospective new tenants. You may opt out of this arrangement, but it will cost an additional fee of one month’s rent to do so.
4) TierOne is a ZERO TOLERANCE company in regards to rent collection. Rent is due the 1st of each month, late the 2nd of each month. Late fees begin midnight on the 1st of the month and will continue to accrue until paid. If rent has not been paid by that point, late fees will be applied with no exceptions. We encourage all tenants to pay via our online system for the most secure and traceable method of payment.
5) Site Un-Seen Application and Approval. It is possible to apply for the home, be approved, and sign a lease agreement without ever seeing one of our homes in person. In such a scenario, we require an incoming approved tenant to sign a Site Un-Seen Addendum to the Lease Agreement. In that form, we ask you name a “Trusted Advisor” outside of TierOne Real Estate who has offered you their opinion of the condition of the home.
6) Monthly Resident Benefit Package: $35.00 --- The TierOne Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services that make taking care of your home second nature. Payable with rent, your RBP includes:
- Changing filters, a known tenant responsibility, is now as easy as opening the front door. For our properties with HVAC, we’ve made every effort to ensure your obligation to change the filter(s) is as easy as possible by having them delivered to your door approximately every 90 days, or as required by your system. This service helps you save up to $250 per year, improves your indoor air quality, and reduces the hassles and liability of repairs.
- Utility concierge service: one call set up your general utility services, cable, and internet services – all at the best price available.
- A resident rewards program that helps you earn rewards for just enrolling and paying your rent on time; enjoy saving on everyday expenses for a premier rental experience.
- Credit building to help boost your credit score with timely rent payments.
- $1M Identity Protection for all adult leaseholders complete with a US-based Identity Restoration Specialist
- 24/7 online maintenance reporting aimed at making reporting those pesky maintenance issues easy and timely.
- Home buying assistance for when the time is right to buy your “forever” home.
- Easy access to your account, documents, and communication resources through our convenient online portal.
- We know you’re busy, so choose from a variety of ways to make your rental payments online.
- Vetted vendor network: we find the technicians, and you can feel comfortable knowing they are reputable, licensed, and insured.
- Refer a Friend Program: Current Tenants may be eligible to receive $100 toward rent by referring qualified applicants.
This monthly fee also offsets the cost of ACH payments, On-Line Payments, Tenant Portal Access, Electronic Statements, and 24-Hour Maintenance Hotline.
NOTE: The total monthly cost of the Resident Benefits Package is all-inclusive, and no discounts will be given if any element of the package is unavailable due to a lack of HVAC or another limitation at a specific property.
7) Move-In Orientation Fee: All new tenants at lease signing will pay a one-time Move-In Orientation Fee of $100.00. Within the first three (3) business days of the tenant move in, arrangements will be made for a walk-through inspection and home orientation with TORE Property Services. This “third-party” will provide an independent inspection and orientation. A representative from TierOne Real Estate will not be present. Any requested work orders must be submitted separately. The inspector will provide the tenant with a brief orientation and instructions on basic home maintenance, including changing air filters, unclogging a garbage disposal, water cut-offs, smoke alarms, fuse & breaker box locations, and GFCI resets. The written report will include interior and exterior photos. Interior photos will be of each room, included equipment, any damaged or defective conditions, and an overall view of most areas. A copy of this report will be sent to the tenant and TierOne for record. This Move-In Orientation Inspection does not take the place of the required Inventory and Condition Form made available for the tenant to complete at Lease Signing.
8) Tenant Liability Insurance: All tenants are required to have and maintain sufficient insurance coverage. This is outlined in detail in your lease. Further information can be found HERE.
9) This list is not all encompassing. In order to avoid conflict and avoidable fees and charges, please review your lease found on the Resident Portal as well as the Resident Resources page on this website.