TENANT SCREENING CRITERIA AND DISCLOSURE
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CHARGED A $50.00 APPLICATION FEE PER ADULT (18 OR OLDER)
THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process.If you have any questions contact the
Application Hotline: 801-486-6200
- The application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and employment verification will be viewed by TierOne Authorized Employees, and possibly the Property Owner
- Multiple Applications May Be Reviewed in Choosing a Tenant
- Each adult over 18 has to complete a separate application form. It would be in your best interest to confirm that your rental requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria with multiple adult roommates, eviction history, foreclosures, bankruptcies, job loss, minimal income, low credit scores (below 620), unusual pets, large pets, multiple pets, multiple families, or anything that would cause your application to be rejected.
- We do not pre-screen Applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below.
- PETS: With your application we require a PetScreening profile created at PetScreening.com of each animal that will be on the property. Email the completed profile to: Applications@TierOneRE.com
We encourage you to only apply if you meet the below criteria:
• Credit History
• Employment Verification and History
• Income Verification
• Rental Verification and History
• Criminal Background Check
• Terrorist Database Search
• Animal Criteria
Examples: Drivers License, Social Security Card, Green Card, or Passport
• If previous landlord(s) would be unwilling to rent to you again for reasons pertaining to your behavior or that of any family member, guest (welcome or not), your pets, or any animal on the property during your tenancy.
• If you have had three or more late payments of rent within the last 12 months.
• If you have an unpaid collection filed against you by a Property Management Company.
• If an unlawful detainer action or eviction has occurred within the past five (5) years.
• If you have recently received a 3-day notice to vacate.
• If you have less than a 620-credit score
• If you have had two (2) or more NSF checks within the last 12 months
• If you have allowed any person(s), not on the lease, to reside on the premises.
• If we are unable to verify your information, we must deny the application.
• No Businesses operated from property. If you have a home-based Business that you think we might approve please let the Property Manager know.
• If you violate any of our terms of service during this application process.
ONE – Provide Evidence of Required Insurance levels showing Policy is in effect, when it will start & end, and who is named on the policy.
TWO – The Property Manager must be named as an “Additionally Interested” party on the insurance binder.
THREE – The Tenant Liability coverage has to be equal to or greater than $100,000 per occurrence.
Unless a Resident Opts Out of this insurance by following the steps above, a Tenant Liability policy will be automatically provided to the Resident for $12.00 per month.
Other Pets: No Aquariums larger than 10 Gallons allowed. And no ferrets, reptiles or rodents of any kind are permitted.
Standard Animal Fees and Deposits:
Lease Signing: $300.00 Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
Monthly: $50.00 Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
***WE DO NOT RENT HOMES TO REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS***
OCCUPIED HOMES – TierOne will typically advertise a first available date with all of the homes we manage. In some cases, those dates will need to change due to circumstances beyond our control. We ask the approved incoming tenant be flexible in some cases. We understand the burden this can create and strive to advertise a solid date so incoming tenants can plan accordingly.
OPTIONAL: Move-In with Lockbox Access As an optional feature during the lease process and move in of your new home, we can offer the convenience of gaining access for the first time without having to check out keys from our office. With this optional program, tenants may gain access to their new home through our lockbox for an optional additional charge of $25.00. A separate form will be sent to you for review and signature during the lease approval process.
What Our Tenants Want You to Know:
1) TierOne Real Estate conducts periodic walk-throughs of the home you will live in. We take pictures of the interior and exterior of the home during those walk-through’s. This information is kept on record and shared with the owner. If this standard walk through procedure is going to cause you a problem – we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of our homes.
2) Non-Disparagement / Representations. The OWNER, TENANT and PROPERTY MANAGER have contractually agreed, that each is prohibited from making disparaging remarks/statements or publications regarding the other to any third party, internet, web-based, cloud based, or “review” type publication site. If the remark and/or publication is not removed within 72 hours of notification, the damages for failure to comply shall be $300 per day for each remark, statement, or representation. Enforcement of this provision is appropriate through a temporary restraining order and/or injunctions and permanent injunctions. This provision shall survive the termination, expiration or cancellation of the lease and agreement.
3) During the last 30 days of your lease agreement – a sign and lockbox may be placed on the home and you will be required to show the home to prospective new tenants. You may opt out of this arrangement, but it will cost an additional fee of one month’s rent to do so.
4) TierOne is a ZERO TOLERANCE company in regards to rent collection. Rent is due the 1st of each month, late the 3rd of each month. Late fees begin midnight on the 3rd of the month and will continue to accrue until paid. If rent has not been paid by that point, late fees will be applied with no exceptions. We encourage all tenants to pay via our online system for the most secure and traceable method of payment.
5) Site Un-Seen Application and Approval. It is possible to apply for the home, be approved, and sign a lease agreement without ever seeing one of our homes in person. In such a scenario, we require an incoming approved tenant to sign a Site Un-Seen Addendum to the Lease Agreement. In that form, we ask you name a “Trusted Advisor” outside of TierOne Real Estate who has offered you their opinion of the condition of the home.
6) Monthly Tenant Administration Fee: $8.00 — This monthly fee offsets the cost of ACH payments, On-Line Payments, In Person Payments, Tenant Portal Access, Electronic Statements, and 24-Hour Maintenance Hotline.
7) Move-In Orientation Fee: $100.00 — This fee covers the Move-In Orientation mentioned above.
Key Points Summarized:
1) The $50.00 application fee per adult is NON-REFUNDABLE. Upon completion of your Application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other Terms within 2-3 Business Days.
2) Your application can be cancelled – WITHOUT REFUND – for failing to abide by the above guidelines and terms as stated above.
3) Combined Credit Scores of LESS THAN 620 may incur additional Risk Mitigation Fees.
4) You may apply and rent this home Site Un-Seen with certain stipulations.
5) All ANIMALS must complete a pet profile at PetScreening.com and be disclosed on the application.
6) There is a $50.00 Per Month Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
7) There is a $8.00 Monthly Tenant Administration Fee for all lease agreements.
8) There is a $100.00 One Time Move-In Orientation Fee.
9) All OCCUPANTS must be disclosed on the application.
10) Social media disparagement will cost you $300 + attorney fees. We simply administrate the contract between Tenant and Owner.
11) Home Owners Association concerns are the responsibility of the Applicant.
12) There is NO SMOKING inside any of the homes or garages.
13) Tenant Liability Insurance is REQUIRED and may be obtained through TierOne for $12.00 per month, per home.