TENANT SCREENING CRITERIA AND DISCLOSURE
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CHARGED A $50.00 APPLICATION FEE PER ADULT (18 OR OLDER)
THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND ALL DISPUTES ARE LITIGATED
Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process. If you have any questions contact the
Application Hotline: 801-486-6200
- The application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and employment verification will be viewed by TierOne Authorized Employees, and possibly the Property Owner
- Multiple Applications May Be Reviewed in Choosing a Tenant
- Each adult over 18 has to complete a separate application form. It would be in your best interest to confirm that your rental requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria with multiple adult roommates, eviction history, foreclosures, bankruptcies, job loss, minimal income, low credit scores (below 620), unusual pets, large pets, multiple pets, multiple families, or anything that would cause your application to be rejected.
- We do not pre-screen Applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below.
- PETS: With your application we require a PetScreening profile created at PetScreening.com of each animal that will be on the property. Email the completed profile to: Applications@TierOneRE.com
We encourage you to only apply if you meet the below criteria:
What Our Tenants Want You to Know:
1) TierOne Real Estate conducts periodic walk-throughs of the home you will live in. We take pictures of the interior and exterior of the home during those walk-through’s. This information is kept on record and shared with the owner. If this standard walk through procedure is going to cause you a problem – we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of our homes.
2) Non-Disparagement / Representations. The OWNER, TENANT and PROPERTY MANAGER have contractually agreed, that each is prohibited from making disparaging remarks/statements or publications regarding the other to any third party, internet, web-based, cloud based, or “review” type publication site. If the remark and/or publication is not removed within 72 hours of notification, the damages for failure to comply shall be $300 per day for each remark, statement, or representation. Enforcement of this provision is appropriate through a temporary restraining order and/or injunctions and permanent injunctions. This provision shall survive the termination, expiration or cancellation of the lease and agreement.
3) During the last 30 days of your lease agreement – a sign and lockbox may be placed on the home and you will be required to show the home to prospective new tenants. You may opt out of this arrangement, but it will cost an additional fee of one month’s rent to do so.
4) TierOne is a ZERO TOLERANCE company in regards to rent collection. Rent is due the 1st of each month, late the 3rd of each month. Late fees begin midnight on the 3rd of the month and will continue to accrue until paid. If rent has not been paid by that point, late fees will be applied with no exceptions. We encourage all tenants to pay via our online system for the most secure and traceable method of payment.
5) Site Un-Seen Application and Approval. It is possible to apply for the home, be approved, and sign a lease agreement without ever seeing one of our homes in person. In such a scenario, we require an incoming approved tenant to sign a Site Un-Seen Addendum to the Lease Agreement. In that form, we ask you name a “Trusted Advisor” outside of TierOne Real Estate who has offered you their opinion of the condition of the home.
6) $35/month Resident Benefits Package: The TierOne Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services that make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, Applicant agrees to be enrolled and to pay the applicable cost of $35/month, payable with rent. Your RBP may include, subject to property mechanicals or other limitations:
- Changing filters, a known tenant responsibility, is now as easy as opening the front door. For our properties with HVAC, we’ve made every effort to ensure your obligation to change the filter(s) is as easy as possible by having them delivered to your door approximately every 90 days, or as required by your system. This service helps you save up to $250 per year, improves your indoor air quality, and reduces the hassles and liability of repairs.
- Utility concierge service: one call set up your general utility services, cable, and internet services – all at the best price available.
- A resident rewards program that helps you earn rewards for just enrolling and paying your rent on time; enjoy saving on everyday expenses for a premier rental experience.
- Credit building to help boost your credit score with timely rent payments.
- $1M Identity Protection for all adult leaseholders complete with a US-based Identity Restoration Specialist
- 24/7 online maintenance reporting aimed at making reporting those pesky maintenance issues easy and timely.
- Home buying assistance for when the time is right to buy your “forever” home.
- Easy access to your account, documents, and communication resources through our convenient online portal.
- We know you’re busy, so choose from a variety of ways to make your rental payments online.
- Vetted vendor network: we find the technicians, and you can feel comfortable knowing they are reputable, licensed, and insured.
- Refer a Friend Program: Current Tenants may be eligible to receive $100 toward rent by referring qualified applicants.
NOTE: The total monthly cost of the Resident Benefits Package is all-inclusive, and no discounts will be given if any element of the package is unavailable due to a lack of HVAC or another limitation at a specific property.
7) Move-In Orientation Fee: $100.00 --- All new tenants at lease signing will pay a one-time Move-In Orientation Fee of $100.00. Within the first three (3) business days of the tenant move in, arrangements will be made for a walk-through inspection and home orientation with TORE Property Services. This “third-party” will provide an independent inspection and orientation. A representative from TierOne Real Estate will not be present. Any requested work orders must be submitted separately. The inspector will provide the tenant with a brief orientation and instructions on basic home maintenance, including changing air filters, unclogging a garbage disposal, water cut-offs, smoke alarms, fuse & breaker box locations, and GFCI resets. The written report will include interior and exterior photos. Interior photos will be of each room, included equipment, any damaged or defective conditions, and an overall view of most areas. A copy of this report will be sent to the tenant and TierOne for record. This Move-In Orientation Inspection does not take the place of the required Inventory and Condition Form made available for the tenant to complete at Lease Signing.
Key Points Summarized:
1) The $50.00 application fee per adult is NON-REFUNDABLE. Upon completion of your Application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other Terms within 2-3 Business Days.
2) Your application can be cancelled – WITHOUT REFUND – for failing to abide by the above guidelines and terms as stated above.
3) Combined Credit Scores of LESS THAN 620 may incur additional Risk Mitigation Fees.
4) You may apply and rent this home Site Un-Seen with certain stipulations.
5) All ANIMALS must complete a pet profile at PetScreening.com and be disclosed on the application.
6) There is a $50.00 Per Month Animal Administration Fee Per Approved Animal.
7) There is a $35.00 Monthly Resident Benefit Package Fee.
8) There is a $100.00 One Time Move-In Orientation Fee.
9) All OCCUPANTS must be disclosed on the application.
10) Social media disparagement will cost you $300 + attorney fees. We simply administrate the contract between Tenant and Owner.
11) Home Owners Association concerns are the responsibility of the Applicant.
12) There is NO SMOKING inside any of the homes or garages.
13) Tenant Liability Insurance is REQUIRED and may be obtained through TierOne for $12.00 per month, per home.