If you have a rental home, but want to take the day to day tasks taken out of your hands, consider hiring a property management company.
Make sure the property management company actually manages properties. Several are more focus on property sales than property management.
You want a company that has a process for dealing with situations that often arise with tenants.
A few other things to ask about:
- How they advertise vacancies?
- How tenants are screened?
- How Past Due rent is collected?
- How they deal with afterhours emergency calls?
- What accounting is offered to owners?
A deal breaker should be:
Will the company help you build your properties beyond what you have now? If they want to help you be successful, they are the company for you.