Renting out your home can be very lucrative and a great investment. But there are a few things you can do before you start advertising your rental, there are a few things you can do to prepare the home for renters. These items will help you get the most out of your rental and attract premium tenants.
- Once the home is empty, thoroughly inspect the property. Repair any major issuses. Leaking roof, leaking faucet or pipes, outlets, burnt out light bulbs. It is also a good idea to inspect the floors for sound.
- Tenants want a safe place to live. Make sure you have smoke detectors and CO2 detectors throughout the home and are in good working condition. Also make sure and have the fire extinguishers serviced.
- Clean the place! Dirty homes are a turn off, clean everything, the floors, blinds, windows, carpets, and repair and paint the walls, at the very least wash the walls. That will really brighten the room and make the home more appealing.
- Cleanliness applies to the appliances. Both inside and out need to be cleaned.
- Determine whether you will be doing the management yourself or hire a property manager. There are benefits to both. Truly sit down and think about which option is best for you.
- Determine the market value of your rental once the home is ready to rent. When you post your ad, you want to highlight the desirable feature of the property and get the most money out or your rental as possible.
Want a Market Value Report and a few suggestions to get the most out of your rental? Click Here.